By setting up your system as mentioned below, you will have following capabilities:
- To set the router to be used for processing outgoing emails in User/Queue record.
- Custom Outgoing provider will pick emails only from valid Users and Queues.
Steps to install and configure this solution:
- Import solution. This solution contains following components:
- Global Option Set "Email Router".
- Custom fields for Email, SystemUser and Queue entities.
- Publish all customizations.
- Register plugins using PluginRegistration tool. You should have "CustomOutgoingProviderPlugins" assembly present imported as part of solution install.
- Register step on Create of email
- Register on Update of email
UnSecure configuration parameter can be used to control whether you want Email address approval functionality of CRM to kick-in or not.
Changes required in Email Router:
- Copy CustomOutgoingProvider.dll in Services folder. Make sure to download correct copy of dll based on Update Rollup you Email Router is on.
- Stop Email Router service. Close configuration wizard.
- Open EmailAgent.xml file and change following properties:
- Change “ConfigUpdatePeriod” to “0”.
- Replace “ProviderAssembly” and “ProviderClass” nodes in each of ProviderConfiguration node to following:
- Add "EmailRouter" node in Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file:
- <EmailRouter>100000000</EmailRouter> under ProviderConfiguration. Set same value for all ProviderConfigurations in single router.
- Start Email Router service.